MACKIE HR824 26 pages English-only Service Manual contains:
1) HR824 technical overview with the description of front and rear panel switches.
2) HR824 specs
3) Block Diagram
4) Wiring Diagram
5) Packaging management
6) Spare part & final assembly list (for PCB rev A and B) + exploded view
7) Test Procedures (where, how to measure voltage...) including Test Point diagram on the PCB.
8) IC and Transistor charts.
Excellent guide: very clear, good scan quality enabling us to print readable diagram :-)
Mackie HR824 make extensive use of surface mount devices (SMD). Service on the HR824 must
only be undertaken by experienced service technicians with the right tools, experience and patience to perform surface mount rework when needed.
I was very pleased with the service provided and was surprised at how good the quality was of the manual. I thought it may be a third generation copy or so, but it is as good as the websites that charge 3 times this much. I repair some electronics for family and friends without charge, so this is perfect for me. Thank you very much.
Text excerpt from page 56 (click to view)
- Removing the Heat Sink (Fig.3)
Remove the two screws(M3 x 12). Remove the screw(M3 x 6). Remove the two screws. Fig.4 Remove the screw and then remove the Heat Sink.
- Removing the Tuner Amp Unit (Fig.4) Remove the screw. Straight the tabs at three locations indicated. Remove the two screws and then remove the Tuner Amp Unit.